Raspberry Cream Mimosas
Let me start by saying, I love a good mimosa, especially variations on the theme. You don't have to stick to plain ole orange juice you know nor are these only to be enjoyed for Sunday brunch! So when I stumbled upon these beauties, I immediately had to try them. It's almost Christmas so I will tell you, having intentionally avoided red in my decor (trying to mix things up), had me missing red and these were a welcome, festive sight. The mixture of raspberries, cream and champagne will have you finding it difficult to stop at only one (Once I finished photographing them, I MAY have had 3 of them, but that's between us). But you know what I say? 'Tis the season!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 bag frozen raspberries (approximately 2 cups)
- 1/4 sugar (or more depending on taste, see below)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 bottle of Martin & Rossi Asti Champagne - or - Sparkling Wine (Asti is more of a sweet champagne, you can use a dryer champagne for more of a bitter sweet taste)
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- In a small sauce pan, thaw raspberries on medium heat until they've broken down and become soup-like.
- Add sugar to sauce pan and combine, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add more sugar to taste if you'd like it more sweet.
- Remove from heat and puree until well blended.
- Pour mixture through sieve in to freezer-safe container to remove raspberry seeds. Let mixture cool.
- Add cream, stirring to combine.
- Place in freezer for 3-4 hours (or overnight), until frozen.
- When you're ready to serve, add 2-3 tablespoons to each champagne glass. Pour champagne over each and top with raspberries (I used small bamboo picks). You can also drop a few raspberries directly in to your mimosas!
All photos by Jonathan Stiers ©2015 | Recipe from Cooks with Cocktails