1. Jack Black Beard Lube - I love this shaving cream. It's not like any other shaving cream I've used. This is an essential for any guy who shaves often. "The unique see-through texture lets you see where you're shaving, helping to prevent nicks and cuts--especially great for shaving side burns, moustache and head. Won't clog your blade, because it's super light and rinses easily."
2. Villa Manodori Balsamic Vinegar - I've mentioned this being THE only balsamic vinegar to pair with olive oil and the perfect focaccia bread. "Villa Manodori balsamicos are produced in very small quantities by Massimo Bottura, chef and owner of Osteria Francescana restaurant in Modena. Villa Manodori Artigianale is crafted from the must of locally grown trebbiano grapes and aged red wine vinegar. It is matured for 10 to 20 years in small barrels of oak, chestnut and juniper woods, yielding a balsamic of dark rich color, intense aroma and syrupy consistency. It incredibly intensifies the flavors of 22 month Grana Padano and grilled meats, yet is still sweet enough to drizzle over strawberries or ice cream. This exquisite specialty item ships in a beautiful white gift box."
3. Monogrammed Coffee Mugs, Anthropologie - I love the antique, classic feel of these mugs. They have such personality, with your very own letter of choice! I especially love the Special Edition GOLD mugs if you like a little bling.
4. Decoy Napa Valley - Red Blend - If you are one of those who shop for wine based on the label, this is probably one you'd pass right over, at least I would have. I tried this at a restaurant and fell in love. I love red blends and this is definitely a keeper! "2012 Decoy Sonoma County Red Wine offers a lush and appealing expression of Bordeaux-varietal winemaking."
5. Croissants by Galaxy Desserts, Exclusively for Williams-Sonoma - You might be thinking, "Wait, mail order croissants?" Yes, that's right. These taste just like you bought them from a patisserie in Paris. They arrive frozen. You simply let them thaw and rise overnight, give them a quick egg-wash and bake, then; Heaven. "The pastry chefs at Galaxy Desserts prepare the traditional puff pastry for our croissants with butter and yeast dough, repeatedly rolling and folding it by hand to create hundreds of paper-thin layers that puff up in the oven when baked. The delectably light and flaky results are worthy of the finest French patisseries."
6. Hydro Cotton Towels - Pottery Barn - If you're finally ready for a GOOD set of towels that hold up wash after wash and retain their softness, look no further. "An advanced weaving process results in thousands of fine, untwisted loops that make our Hydrocotton Towels up to 10 times more absorbent than traditional cotton terry. At a fluffy 550-grams, these Turkish cotton towels are supersoft and fast drying, too."
7. Square Decanter - Pottery Barn - If you don't have a bar, bar tray or cart, it's time. No bar tray is complete without a few decanters and this one is a classic.
8. Rye Whiskey Caramel Sauce - Terrain - Whaaaaat?! That's right. Caramel sauce made with rye whiskey, do I really need to say anything else? "A limited edition blend made with Old Overholt Rye Whiskey and organic cream, this indulgent caramel sauce from Seattle’s Hot Cakes is delicious stirred into coffee, poured over ice cream, or eaten straight from the bottle!"
9. Buvette - The Pleasure of Good Food - I've talked about my love affair with Buvette many times and if you're unable to go to their NY or Paris locations, this book is the next best thing. Trust me.
10. Lavender Foaming Bath & L'Occitan Soap for Men (this is two items, I know - I'm cheating!) I love the smell of lavender and it's perfect for a bubble bath and a glass of Decoy (see above)! This bar soap is by far, one of my favorites from L'Occitan. I've yet to meet one guy or gal or doesn't adore it's smell!
11. Set of 2 - Cabernet Glasses - Williams-Sonoma - I mostly drink red wines and while I'm not one of those who switches the glass up for every type of red, I find these to be perfectly light, delicate and exquisite. Did I mention delicate? In other words, be careful after your second glass. You've been warned.
12. Kate Spade Melamine Collection - Macy's - I never thought I'd be recommending a collection of dinner and serveware made of melamine but I nearly died when I saw this collection from Kate Spade. Damn her and her cute plastic plates! Get them. Get them all. Incidentally, the super-cute Ampersand serving tray can be found here.