I thought I'd whip up a quick cocktail for New Year's Eve! One of my favorite go-tos is pineapple and vodka (see another fav of mine, the Lucky Cat). Add some champagne and you've got a Flirtini. Add some coconut and you've got a Coconut Flirtini. And because it's New Year's Eve, dress the rim of your glass up with beautiful coconut and enjoy!
• 2 ounces of your favorite vodka (vanilla vodka works well with this cocktail too!)
• 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
• 1 1/2 coconut juice **
• Champagne (I used my favorite go-to, Asti)
• Simple Syrup
• Unsweetened finely shredded coconut
** 3 ounces of pineapple juice may be used if you don't have or prefer to not use a coconut juice.
1. Dip rim of martini glass in simply syrup followed by shredded coconut and set aside.
2. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine vodka, pineapple and coconut juices, shaking until well chilled.
3. Fill martini glass and top with champagne.
Coupe glasses and Pineapple Cocktail Shaker by Williams-Sonoma
All photos ©2016 Jonathan Stiers