Pumpkin Spice Latte Donuts
You know, I will admit – I’m not a pumpkin spice latte fan, I’m more of a macchiato man (I think I just wrote a song lyric). However – with the fall season and pumpkin spice hysteria upon us, I thought a pumpkin spice, latte-inspired donut would be amazing! I love pumpkin flavored foods and who doesn’t love a donut?! This baked donut is topped with the perfect espresso-sugar glaze, pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee and will definitely have you in the mood for fall. So let the pumpkin spice hysteria begin!
Ingredients (Makes 12 donuts):
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature (I usually let mine sit for about 2 hours)
- 1 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly brewed espresso or strong black coffee
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat over to 325 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda with a spoon or whisk.
- Add pumpkin puree, eggs, milk and butter and beat on low-medium speed until batter is thick and fully combined.
- Spray your donut pan(s) with cooking spray and fill each cavity 3/4 of the way full. (This can be done with a spoon, piping bag or Ziploc® bag with a corner cut off.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out dry.
- While donuts are baking, combine glaze ingredients until you have a smooth and slightly thick frosting. I used a fork to do this. If it's too thick you can add a teaspoon of milk at a time.
- Let donuts cool in pan briefly before transferring to wire rack.
- While donuts are still slightly warm, dip tops of donuts in glaze, coating well and placing on wire rack to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tools - I used these donut pans from Bed Bath & Beyond.
All photos by Jonathan Stiers ©2015 | Recipe adapted from ahappyfooddance.com