Pappardelle with Asparagus & Cream
Two of my favorite things are pasta and asparagus. So when I found this recipe, I was beyond excited. Tossed in a light cream sauce, this is the perfect Spring pasta and it's super easy to make! I will tell you, I was a little nervous when I first saw lemon zest listed in the ingredients as I've found a little lemon goes a long way! Though, this dish is the exception! The tiny bit of lemon zest adds the perfect brightness to this dish. Did I mention this is fast AND easy to make? It's officially been added to my list of go-to pasta dishes. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1/4 lb pappardelle pasta
- 1/2 lb thin asparagus spears, cut at an angle, in to 2 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine (I used a chardonnay)
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon zest & extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta.
- Stir pasta occasionally until 2 minutes shy of al dente, following package directions.
- Add asparagus spears to boiling pasta water and cook until tender and pasta is al dente, about 2 minutes.
- Heat an oven-safe pasta bowl in your oven on it's lowest, warm setting - about 150 degrees.
- Meanwhile, bring heavy cream, wine, garlic and lemon zest to a boil in a small sauce pan, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and stir until sauce slightly thickens, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Drain pasta and asparagus and add to warmed pasta bowl.
- Add cream, green onions, parsley and cheese, stirring to combine, evenly.
- Add additional parmesan and parsley for garnish and serve immediately.
Photo by Jonathan Stiers ©2015 | Recipe from Williams-Sonoma