Snowy Nutella Pinecones
When I first saw these festive, chocolate pinecones, I think I literally squealed. Not only were they the cutest thing I'd ever seen, but they were edible oh and did I mentioned, made with Nutella?! I immediately was on a mission to make these and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. So simple and a perfect project for the kids on Christmas morning, or in my case - the adults!
- 3 cups Chocolate Chex Cereal or Chocolate Fiber One Cereal (I used the latter)
- 6 Pretzel Sticks
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons of butter, softened. (I microwaved for about 20 seconds)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Mix the Nutella, peanut butter, powdered sugar and butter, together in a bowl. Mix and blend well until sugar is combined. It should resemble the photo above and have sort of a play-doh like consistency, which is perfect for this!
2. Form a cone shape around a pretzel stick (see below), using the dough. You can vary the size of your cone to be slim or wide, this will give your cones various, unique shapes - as no pinecone is the same!
3. Holding it still by the top of the pretzel, start adding pieces of cereal in a symmetrical pattern, staggering them as your move to towards the top.
4. Once you're to the top, snip of the top of the pretzel, add a little more dough. Cut a piece of cereal in half, diagonally and top off your pinecone with one of the triangle-shaped pieces of cereal.
5. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Photos by Jonathan Stiers - Original recipe from Handmade Charlotte